How It Works
Just like a facial steam, Yoni Steaming uses the properties of dried herbs placed in hot water. Within this mixture volatile oils that contain medicinal properties are released. A yoni steam works by applying gentle heat, as well as moisture that carries these volatile oils, to the exterior tissues of the vagina (the tissue referred to as the vulva). The warmth and moisture increases circulation to the labia, causing it to swell and expose the inner labial mucous membranes. Due to these tissues’ porous and absorbent structure, the bloodstream picks up the volatile oils and carries them into the inner reproductive system, including the uterus. Thus, the herbal steam increases circulation, thins mucus and revitalizes the entire system, allowing it to shed unnecessary membranes and build-up. The result is a healthier, more pleasant cycle and a more connected woman.
What Herbs Are Typically Used to Steam and Why?
- Mugwort: Antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, balances female hormones, stimulates production of hormones that maintain uterine health and protect the uterus from ulcers and tumors. Helps to stimulate menstrual discharge and ease cramping.
- Rosemary: An aromatic and antimicrobial herb, rosemary treats bacterial infection, speeds wound healing, inhibits yeast growth, and stimulates menstruation.
- Lavender: One of the most relaxing herbs we have, lavender supports healing, and also promotes menstrual flow.
- Yarrow: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing; yarrow is great for regulating menstrual flow, treating ovarian cysts and supporting overall uterine health.
- Partridge berry: Revered as a wonderful herb for the female reproductive system, partridge berry treats infertility, regulates menstrual cycles and helps decrease severe menstrual pain.
- Motherwort: Astringent, tonifying and cleansing; motherwort strengthens and relaxes uterine muscles, eases uterine cramping, and may help treat uterine fibroids. Motherwort stimulates uterine tone and blood flow.
- Calendula: Aids in healing of scar tissue, vaginal tears, or hemorrhoids.
- Rose Petals: A relaxing, uplifting and astringent herb that is wonderful for pampering.
Benefits of Yoni Steaming
Here are some of the most commonly reported benefits that thousands of women are experiencing from yoni steaming:
- Significant reduction in pain, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation
- Decreased menstrual flow
- Regulation of irregular or absent menstrual cycles
- Increased fertility-Women who are trying to conceive should steam every other day, except for when menstruating, for three months before expecting to see results.
- Increased sex drive and increased lubrication
- More rapid healing and a toning of the reproductive system after giving birth
- Treatment of uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse & endometriosis
- Assistance with the repair of a vaginal tear, episiotomy, or C-section scar
- Assistance with the healing of hemorrhoids
- Treatment of chronic vaginal/yeast infections, and works to maintain healthy odor
- Relief for symptoms of menopause including dryness or pain- women who have gone through menopause should still steam at least three times a year
- Detoxification of the womb and body
- Reconnection to the Earth and ancient women’s wisdom
- Release of stored emotions
- Access to the feminine energy that gives rise to our vibrant radiance and creative potential
- After hysterectomy- steaming increases circulation, eliminating odor and eliminating bacterial infections such as yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis, cervicitis and Trichomoniasis